The HI-8597 is a 3.3V single supply ARINC 429 line driver with built-in lightning protection. The internal lightning protection circuitry allows compliance with RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22 Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B) without the use of any external components, an industry first. An internal 37.5 Ohm resistor on each output enables direct connection to the ARINC 429 bus. In addition, the device includes a dual polarity voltage doubler, allowing it to operate from a single +3.3V supply using only four external capacitors.
Other features include high-impedance outputs (tri-state) when both data inputs are taken high, allowing multiple line drivers to be connected to a common bus. Bus pins feature built-in 8kV ESD input protection (HBM), with 6kV capability on all other pins. All logic inputs are 5V or 3.3V compatible. The HI-8597 line driver is intended for use where logic signals must be converted to ARINC 429 levels such as when using an FPGA or the HI-3586 ARINC 429 protocol IC. The single supply operation and internal lightning protection circuitry enable huge board space saving, making HI-8597 the most compact, cost effective ARINC 429 line driver on the market today. The part is available in Industrial -40°C to +85°C, or Extended -55°C to +125°C temperature ranges. Optional burn-in is available on the extended temperature range.
- Internal lightning protection circuitry allows compliance with RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22 Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B).
- +3.3V single supply operation
- All ARINC 429 voltage levels generated on-chip
- Superb short circuit capability on ARINC 429 outputs (±50V for 1 second)
- Digitally selectable rise and fall times
- Tri-state outputs
- 37.5 Ohm output resistance allows direct connection to ARINC 429 bus
- Built-in 8,000V minimum ESD protection of bus pins
- 5V or 3.3V logic level compatibility
- Lead-free / RoHS compliant options available
- Industrial & extended temperature ranges
- Burn-in available
- Avionics Data Communication
- CMOS/TTL to ARINC Level Conversion
- CMOS/TTL to RZ & NRZ Level Conversion